Safety Support Service
Individuals must be willing to provide details of their partner or ex partner prior to being accepted on to the programme.
The Safety Support Service provides support for individuals who’s (ex) partner is on the ADAPT and RADAR programme's. The Domestic Abuse Safety Advisor will make contact with the individual once a referral has been received for their (ex) partner.
The support for is aimed at:
- Increasing physical safety, emotional and psychological well-being.
- Providing information about the programme
- Providing opportunities to develop insight and understanding about domestic abuse.
- Helping to manage the changes that may occur as a result of the programme.
- Promoting realistic expectations regarding (ex) partners attendance on the programme.
- Offering information, advice and guidance sensitively.
- Empowering the individual to make informed choices.
- Providing information on specialist services within the local area.
Support is offered mainly through telephone contact, although individual meetings can be arranged. Referrals to other suitable agencies can be made if required.
If there is enough interest within a local area a weekly support group may be available.
A personal safety plan is a way of helping to protect you and your children against abuse in the home.
It will help you to think about how you can increase your safety either within the relationship or if you decide to leave.
Read our list of common behaviours, traits and beliefs which are evident in abusive personalities.
n.b Not all abusive people show the same traits and often the abuser will initially try to explain his/her behaviour as signs of his/her love and concern. Click through to find out more.Domestic Abuse Warning Signs
Click here to read a beautiful poem written by a Hampshire Mother of four who was a domestic abuse victim and member of our Women's Support Group.
News updates for Safety Support Service
Did you know that last year our ADAPT Women’s Safety Service supported 216 victims of Domestic Abuse, equating to an intervention for 540 children. The darker side of Valentine'sFeb 12, 2014
When you are in an abusive relationship Valentine's day can come with mixed emotions. Don't let love hurt this Valentine's. I Miss You PoemJun 14, 2013
This is a beautiful poem written by a Hampshire Mother of 4 who was a member of our Women's Support Group.
If you would like more information about the programmes we offer, please get in touch.