Trauma Informed refresher training
The Hampton Trust team were delighted to receive refresher training from One Small Thing recently on using a Trauma Informed approach. A huge thanks to Frances Maclennan for spending the day with the us consolidating our learning in Trauma Informed Practice. We work with a range of clients and it is essential that our practitioners deliver services in a trauma informed way.
Trauma-informed care is not a therapy, intervention, or specific action. It is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma is extreme stress that overwhelms a person’s ability to cope. Spending a day with One Small Thing has really helped to refresh our skills as well as being an excellent way to come together as a team.
Subscribe to email updates
- 24th October 2019 – The Herald Southampton – Local CEO wins award
- 24th October 2019 – Third Sector Article – Core funding is crucial for small charities
- 2nd October 2019 – Southern Daily Echo Article – THE CEO of a Southampton abuse support charity has been recognised at the Women and Home awards.
- Chantal Hughes, CEO of The Hampton Trust wins the 2019 Women & Home Magazine Amazing Women Award for Changing our Country
- 19th September 2019 – Charity Skydive for The Hampton Trust – Thank you note from Fleur